Thursday, October 23, 2008

Friendships

Friendship is a important part of people lives. With the students I work with, they were talking about when they to high school. What would happen to the their friends from primary school, we will still be friends or will we make new ones. This is a scary thought for 12/13 years old. When I was there age and went to a different high school to my friends and it was scary not knowing anyone. I did make a great friend and we are still friends today. My best friend went to a different high school to me but we did see each other everyday after high school. When I got married she was my bridesmaid as well as my high school friend I made. So can friendship survive life after primary school, yes in some cases they can. Friendship fails when you grow a part and take different paths. It did with me and my best friend from primary school and part of my 20s, she went over sea to live with her family. Yes we did write all the time, but then it was once a month, then every to three months and then it stops. You send a Christmas card but that's all. When she came back we just couldn't click any more which was sad. She is the only person that knows more about me and we went through a lot of stuff. Then my high school friend and I got a lot closer, then her and I don't see each other but we know that we are there if we need each. I don't like let people get close to me or know me that well. I have my secrets and I don't like to show the real person. I can take or leave friendship. I did until two years ago, i had to work with this person and we got to know each other and became friends. It was hard for this person she didn't understand why I didn't like talking about things. Now we are great mates and I'm glad she kept at me and pushing me in to this friendship. Can friendship survive anything though. Can friends survive when people breaking up, where do the friend belong or do you just fall a part. Which partner do they follow or is it to weird to have your friends split. Can friendship survive when someone leaves their job to go and work some where else. Will you make new friends or will that friend hang out with some else and you both can't be bother seeing each other. Can friendship survive this. What if you move away to different state and or suburb what will happens then. This is what all kids think of when they go to high school, I suspect there going to be a lot of crying in 8 weeks when they say goodbye to their friends. So good luck all on friendship and I hope they all survive but I can't say they all will.

Cheers Deb

No comments: